Stick Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Blizz
Network Pro
Network Pro
Blizz

StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial Empty
PostSubject: StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial   StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 12:45 pm

Hey guys. For those of you who have IRC and don't know we have a channel, that channel is #sticknetwork on irc.adelais.net. For those of you that don't have an IRC client, this thread will help you set yourself up. Below is a tutorial explaining what to do.

First, visit this site: www.silverex.org On the top of the page will be a button that says 'Download' on it. It looks like this:

StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial Tj8ur2h6c_dldpic.

Click it. It will take you to a new page. On this page is a text button that links you to a download. That button looks like this:

StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial Xvndpkzkm_installer.

Click the blue text, and a download should pop up. Download the file. It is your IRC client. You have to set it up, however. Follow what the download says to do. There should now be an icon on your screen that says X-chat 2.

Now, you should click the icon. A window called 'Network List' should pop up. It looks like this:

StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial Ds6mfeju1_NetworkList
Yes, my name is Steven

CHECK SKIP NETWORK LIST ON STARTUP.

Fill in the required information in the User Information boxes. Now, on your window, you won't have a network called Sticknetwork. You have to add it in. Click the +Add button, and a network named New Network will appear.

StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial 5p618pubs_NWL

Name the network StickNetwork, then click the Edit button.

StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial Icnvfmyky_NetworkList

Another window will pop up. Fill in the appropriate details. This image will assist you:

StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial Vimfuytb5_this

When you're done, X out of both windows. Then, click 'IAN' on the left of your window. In the box next to your nick, type this in: /msg nickserv register emailaddresshere nickservpasshere. Substitute 'emailaddresshere' for your email address, and 'nickservpasshere' for the password you entered earlier. Once you're done, exit IRC, then click the icon again. This should sign you into the StickNetwork IRC channel!

Thank you for reading this tutorial. I hope I helped you!

EDIT: If you find any errors in this tutorial, as I am sure there may be some, please PM me letting me know, and I will fix them as soon as possible. Thank you!

EDIT: If you have any questions regarding IRC and anything in relation to IRC, please post those questions in this thread.

Last edited by Blizz on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial   StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 2:16 pm

thank you blizz
Back to top Go down
Blizz
Network Pro
Network Pro
Blizz

PostSubject: Re: StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial   StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 2:16 pm

No problem yo. Glad to be of service.
Back to top Go down
MiNua
Messing Around
Messing Around
MiNua

PostSubject: Re: StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial   StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 12:03 pm

Nice work Blizz
Back to top Go down
Shizzy j productions
Network Pro
Network Pro
Shizzy j productions

PostSubject: Re: StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial   StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 12:24 am

Good tutorial mi amigo.
Back to top Go down
Hundo
In the Network
In the Network

PostSubject: Re: StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial   StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:33 pm

Uhm, for all those who's xchat expired (Mine did)
the #2 free (Doesnt expire) is "Chatzilla"
Only works for firefox
http://chatzilla.hacksrus.com/

After installed go to Firefox/tools/"Chatzilla"

go to settings, add a nickname, whatever.

Then type in

/attach irc.adelais.net
/join #Sticknetwork

Sadly you must do those two commands above every time you log onto chatzilla
Back to top Go down
Blizz
Network Pro
Network Pro
Blizz

PostSubject: Re: StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial   StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:46 am

Thanks Hundo :>
Back to top Go down
Hidrogenesis
Admin
Admin
Hidrogenesis

PostSubject: Re: StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial   StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:09 pm

maybe if you all rlly join the IRC, cause I joined, and there was only flips, so he say:
<flips> hi
<flips> whats up man
<flips> were not to active on here lol
<flips> i g2g though
<flips> cya
* flips se ha marchado (Quit: Very Happy)

so...
Back to top Go down
Blizz
Network Pro
Network Pro
Blizz

PostSubject: Re: StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial   StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:36 pm

Yeah ;-; Hopefully we can get the channel more active. :>
Back to top Go down
Hidrogenesis
Admin
Admin
Hidrogenesis

PostSubject: Re: StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial   StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:37 pm

well blizz connect to IRC now... thats a way. xD
Back to top Go down
Blizz
Network Pro
Network Pro
Blizz

PostSubject: Re: StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial   StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:24 pm

Please post any questions you may have about IRC in this thread!
Back to top Go down
Hidrogenesis
Admin
Admin
Hidrogenesis

PostSubject: Re: StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial   StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:45 pm

I have on, on the FA channel, they do a thing that is like this:
* Onli kick Stricken

* Onli kick Stricken

* Onli punch Stricken

how do I do that?
Back to top Go down
Blizz
Network Pro
Network Pro
Blizz

PostSubject: Re: StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial   StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:47 pm

Just type in /me and then your message. It should look something like this if done right lol.

/me likes cheese

*Blizz likes cheese
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial   StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

StickNetwork's IRC Setup Tutorial
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stick Network :: General, Site News, Chat-
Jump to: